Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tripping Down Memory Lane

Two weeks in and I'm still struggling to keep up with the fast paced momentum of things here in Sri Hartamas. And by fast paced I'm not referring to the speeding Lexus that nearly ran me down as I crossed the road to college this morning, or how quickly the money in my wallet seems to evaporate these days.

I'm talking about work. Both the home- and house- variety. The tall piles of homework which I'm doing my best to enjoy and the immense amount of cleaning that I never even knew existed.

In the last two weeks, I've discovered that dirty dished don't magically do themselves, fried chicken rarely materialises on the dinner table, clothes almost never pick themselves up, and that after you withdraw money, viewing the diminishing balance in your bank account gets increasingly depressing.

Yes, life lessons all around for me.

But things aren't all bad. Today, I debated! And for those brief 6 minutes, the world was right again.

Unfortunately, feelings of nostalgia leave an aftertaste of longing. Post debate, I began to miss Lily and Atreyi (and Ken Ming and Zekey and Aiman!) more than ever. The 2008 debates were some of the most amazing experiences of my life.

But I have to live in the now; and my 'now' requires me to look forward and prosper. So I joined the TCSH (Taylor's College Sri Hartamas) debate club. Compared to Sunway's debate club, it's a relatively small family, but it's nice to be back in familiar territory again.

And so, with my mantra of clouds and lemonade, I'm soldiering on. =)

5 comments:

hazelnut said...

hahaha i see you're enjoying your college life =P

is it a boarding-college ah?

Nickolai A. F. said...

yup! boarding.. zomg.. doesn't the word 'boarding' make u cringe? xD

Sean T said...

Lol. I'm glad you like your college life .. and we should so debate some day if we have the chance lol! AND .. here's my comment on the 'posts' lol .. haha .. unfortunately, can't be 'essays' like how i portray it to be cause i think i'm running out of words so to conclude, have fun and enjoy your life lol!

lily said...

Aww... that's so sweet of you =)
Yea, well co-curricular activities haven't started yet in INTEC. So i really don't know how fun & enjoyable it'll be especially without you, artreyi & the gang :(
But i'm sure i'll be missing all those digression & crapping in the library...
may the tradition continue, though sadly without Queen of The Universe who did (in a way) light up our dark & gloomy days

Nickolai A. F. said...

Haha.. Great to hear from you Sean! And Lily! Yeah, I do miss Lulu sometimes. After all, she did provide hours of entertaining bitching.. xD