Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Have Mid-Sems Next Week

One paper on Wednesday evening, one paper on Thursday night and one paper on Saturday afternoon; the rest will be done after mid-sem break. Yup, I pretty much get to say things like, "Oh, I'm busy tonight, I've got my Islamic Legal History paper to sit for."

I haven't even been here two months and they're already making us sit for papers. Mercifully, due to the fact that we've been here for such a short while, they've only got less than half the book to test us on for each subject. Not so mercifully, is the fact that we've still got classes going on, which is the reason the papers are done later in the day, or, in the case of my Computer paper, in the weekend. The gist of it: there's no room for last-minute cramming.

It's to be expected really, I mean we're not kids anymore and they're not gonna dilly dally with us, especially due to the time constraints. One textbook in roughly four months for each subject? We're basically breezing through our topics, Arabic in particular since us Law students have to complete one level per sem whilst some other courses get two sems to do one level.

But it's been fun. Tiring, but fun. My law subjects interest me and I actually enjoy studying. So yeah, it ain't bad. I see contracts happen everywhere now, which makes for a lot of lame and/or inside jokes, I assure you.

Plus, on something completely unrelated (sort of), I walked out of the shower the other day only to be asked by my roommate, Zura, "Sarah, kenapa awak nangis?" To which I replied, "Hah?! No, I haven't! Do I look like I've been crying?" So she nods, so I head for the nearest mirror and *gasp*! I've got bags that you could stuff garbage with.

Talk about battle-scars...

No comments: