Sunday, August 30, 2009

From the Back of Accounting Class.. to My Bedroom In Home Sweet Subang Jaya.

As I write this, I sit at the back of my accounts class whilst the lecturer drones on about suspense accounts, a terrible misnomer for a topic so boring I'd rather be watching the moss now forming on my bathroom wall grow. Evidently, I need a little something fresh to get me though the day - and perhaps a little cleaning detergent for the bathroom wall.

So meanwhile, as I tick the seconds down to the weekend, here's a little update of the happenings in Hartamas:

Yesterday, I was interviewed to join the Student Council. I'd forgotten how much fun being interviewed...

**********

That was how far I got before my accounts lecturer (Mr. Pathman) snapped at me for using my handphone in class.. And now, I'm home! In overcrowded, polluted, traffic-crazy, H1N1-positive USJ, Subang Jaya. I miss this place so much!

Here's me continuing the epic tale of scholared life in Sri Hartamas. I'm expecting a huge offer to write my memoir any day now. And maybe a nice cover picture to go with it! I'm thinking a headshot as my abs aren't looking too good given the problem with my current workout plan (it doesn't exist and therein lies the problem).

In any case, I got into the Student Council. It's been alright thus far, but although the group is small, I feel a little like an outsider because everyone else seems to know each other and has so much in common. It's what I like to call the 'Odd-one-out Syndrome'.


See what I mean? I feel like Hitler in the Cloned Sisters of Mother Theresa convent..

Anyhoo, last week I drove my aunt, mom and cousins to Mid Valley. It was insanely crowded despite the fact that our country is supposedly in the midst of the swine flu pandemic. But while holding my breath to ensure I breathe in as little of the potentially infected air as I can, I managed to shop a little. Bought a few books; I'm currently reading "Here's What We'll Say" by Reichen Lehmkuhl and although Sarah's already lent it to me, I wanted (and bought) a copy of the "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.


It's awesome and I'd like to reread it sometime soon; perhaps when I reduce the heaps of homework on my desk to a smaller, more managable pile..

No comments: