Thursday, August 6, 2009

being the best in everything

Save my earsss. =(

I hate hearing those words. Unfortunately, it's daddy's mantra for everything under the sun.

"You must be the best! Second best also cannot! See, people always remember the first-prize winners! Where got people remember second or third prize one?! Do you know who came second in the 2006 World Cup? No right?! You must be in Team A! Cannot be in Team B! If jadi reserve then zhao gao liao lo!"

And so on and so forth.

It makes me soooo angry lah! Who do you think I am lah! Do I look like a genius to you?

Then when I start grumbling about there only being ONE best in everything, daddy starts: "Then you must give your best and hope for the best!"

Aiyoh. Of course then I'll diam and just let him talk lah. But you see, even if I practise 12 hours a day, I could always do 13 right? And even if I outdo myself and practise during every moment of free time I have, I could still take one minute less to bathe and eat and sleep and then use that one minute to practise right!

Ok lah I know I sound like a very lazy sulky brat now... XD

Come tell me your thoughts about this, anyone. =)

1 comment:

lily said...

Your dad is not the only parent to think like that... i'm pretty sure all parents tell their kids the same thing. From one point you'll see that what they say about being the best is quite true, but at the same time they just don't realize that we're trying and it's not an easy thing. Anyways, just listen to them, cause it's quite pointless to argue as they always win. But i guess we're lucky in a way to have them bring out the best in us and make sure we don't go off track.