Friday, December 4, 2009

A 6km Cab Ride Does Not Cost RM15!

Exams are over! Guess who got an A in math *winks*. Sadly, it's probably the only A I'm getting this semester. I should learn from this experience and grow, but I'd rather just whine about it for a bit. Don't agree? Well, too bad, this is my rant and there's nothing you can do about it!

After the final paper (Econs, and oh hawt damn did I mess that one up big time), I took a cab down to Pavillion in KL to meet up with a friend for her birthday. Only, it wasn't Pavillion we were supposed to meet at but instead The Curve. Blissfully unaware of this fact, I wandered the entire mall looking for Italianies where we were supposed to meet. While walking however, I did manage to accomplish a few things; behold my powers of multitasking/observation!

1. Bought a gift for a friend's birthday party on Saturday.

2. Noticed that the entire gay population of Malaysia must've been at Pavillion that day. Everywhere, and I'm not just talking about the cosmetic stores, but EVERYWHERE there were men with handbags, fluorescent mesh tops and hair styles that would make Marilyn Manson blush.

3. Found out that there really is no Italianies at Pavillion.

4. Called up Sarah. She's still living in debate euphoria with back-to-back tournaments. (Sigh.. at least some of us are living it up.)

5. Worked off at least 2kg. My jeans have never been more loose than they are today! There's always a silver lining.. =D

Since I inevitably had to accept that Pavillion did not have an Italianies (thank God or I'd have been waiting there like a douche) I called up Bel to see if I had got the restaurant all screwed and nearly had a stroke when she told me they were in Damansara.

(On that note, I'd probably never see her again, [I hope] but I'd like to apologise to the mother who glared at me as I mouthed off over the phone. Yes, I dropped the big one, the F _ _ _ word in front of toddlers. Not my brightest moment, but you have done it too if it were you! Ironically, Lily's post could not have been better timed. Look below as for why I had to either cuss or start ripping heads off. Really, I chose the lesser of the two evils.)

In any case, I found myself minutes later sitting in the backseat of a cab heading back to Damansara. Total cab fees for the night..*drumroll*.. RM64. Apparently, taxi drivers here aren't big on the 'gaji halal' concept and decided ripping poor me off was perfectly fine. Honestly, I don't care what time it was, a 6km cab ride does not cost RM15!

(For the benefit of my non-existent non-Malay speaking readers, gaji halal translates to earnest earnings)

Arriving The Curve, I made a beeline for Italianies and ignoring the 'there there' look half the table was giving me, ordered a Pina Colada. Normally, I wouldn't condone drinking on an empty stomach, but heck, after that ordeal I deserve a little R&R! Fellow dinner mates were smart enough not to say anything. After all, I did mention the head ripping notions I had..

Sidebar: I've never been to The Curve before and the atmosphere was pretty awesome. We must hang out there sometime!

In any case, I'm about to pass out from exhaustion. Exams are over and the party's just beginning! But I've learnt an important lesson today though.

I just wish I hadn't had those shots tequila so I could remember it..

Cheers!

Miss you people! I wanna hang outttttt...!!!!!! xo

2 comments:

Fiona said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAHHAHAHA
lets go to the curve!

hazelnut said...

You haven't been to the Curve before???!!! Oh dear...