Monday, June 15, 2009

So I've been thinking...

about my name and how I'd be called in the states. Yihui seems like it's gonna be a 'mouth'ful for the western tongue to handle if my sister's friend was to be a judge. He called me 'nee ha' and 'nee way'.

I'm imagining a situation like in Harry Potter where Hermione teaches Viktor Krum the pronounciation to her name : Her-my-on-nee.

Hmm let's see:

Yee-hoo-ei
Yee-who-ay

hmm let's try again, without the yi.

Who-a-ee

say it reeaaallly fast. :D

Now with the yi......

That might have been 5 mintues already.

It doesn't really help either that my last name is also the name of a film full of gore, blood and severed limbs. There's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 of them the last time i counted which rendered the film imprinted into eveyone's mind.

When I was in London, my uncle introduced me to his colleagues in an all-too-cool way as 'H' like Horatio in CSI Miami. And I get to sign my name as "Haitch".

About 10 minutes ago, I had a new idea... hence the post whoops
What about combining my first and last names to get something like Sawyer? But it sounds quite boyish.

So what say you? :)

No comments: