Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gay act, karaoke & The Star on a Friday

I'm taking theater this semester and its a really fun subject that requires no studying whatsoever. We have an assignment to perform every week and this week the task was to act out the lives of a group of factory workers who lives together in a dormitory room.

What my group did was, a bad tempered man, a cheesy boyfriend, a want-away girlfriend, an introvert drug addict and a gay couple.

I was, one of the gay partners.


.....


Straight after the theater class, we had a surprise birthday party for one of our friend, Benny at the Neway Karaoke Box in SS 17.




We were all in the karaoke box to the surprise of the birthday boy, who was rather overwhelmed with what we did. He said, "for once, I'm speechless". Later the cake was brought in and the birthday boy's face was smashed into it!


Birthday boy(in white) with the face not even his mom can recognize!


We even got a word from the manager of the karaoke box who came and warned, "please don't "play" with the cake anymore or we may ask you to leave this place". -.-
What's wrong with them? Its just a cake, not a snake!


And then I left that place early so I could join the troop to The Star Media Hub in Shah Alam, where the printing plant is located.


Ze gang of visitors. I'm like third from left(behind) while the guy in pink second from right is Ji Chuan.


Have you ever wondered how newspapers are made? Well, I have, but I thought it was just typing and printing on a large scale. But I really learned that making even 1 page of a newspaper is much much more than just that.

There's a whole complex process in printing a newspaper, which includes a super high speed land line, aluminum plates and super huge rolls of recycled papers!


This is where the magic happens. Super long rolls of white paper turns into thousands of copies of The Star newspapers!

1 comment:

hazelnut said...

I like the last photo! Looks so cool... like they're manufacturing cars or something but it's actually only newspapers... Hmm.