Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am in this?


When I got this e-mail from Hazel, I knew less of what it actually meant. I mean, what in the world could the word 'contribute' in that sentence mean? I'm supposed to be some sponsor for the formation of the new RojakLah Corporation or something?

It took my quite a long time before I finally realized that I've actually been made into the latest recruitment of The RojakLah clan.
Welcome, me!


And so it was Diwali last Saturday. Happy Diwali to everyone that reads this! Basically, Diwali means Festival of Lights, which explains all the lamps lit by Hindus in the temple & at their houses during the celebration.

I had my open house on Sunday, which was attended by almost 40 of my friends, Roy being the only one from The RojakLah Clan. I never knew how it was like to be the host of such a big crowd as it was normally less than half of that.

The dishes served to the pleasure of everyone present were:

Briyani rice


Chicken curry


Dry mutton curry


Fried chicken, the ON DEMAND food of the day


Vegetable salad dressed with mayonnaise

My mom started her work in the kitchen at around 7 in the morning, and she never stopped cooking till 7 in the evening! There were people coming and coming and coming, one after another as the dishes started going less and less and less, finishing one after another.

I really do feel for her. She never complained even after all she did. I don't think you could find many mothers out there who would just cook the entire day & not complain when you invite that many guests. She even sent my brother to buy more frozen chicken which she marinated and fried, since everyone went, "Is there more friend chicken? I want moreee". And their wish, my mom granted, with her magic frying pan!

Apart from the fried chicken, there was something that was highly in demand. Its the symbol of Indians and Diwali. Its arguably the most popular Indian snack that everybody just loves to munch on.
Presenting.....

the Muruku!

Wanna have some taste of this magical snack? Just come over to my house.

2 comments:

hazelnut said...

Hello!

Heard about your party from Tsung Wai... So sad I couldn't go lah, all the food!! T_T Omg...

SG said...

awww man.. nvm la.. hope u'll be here next year during diwali.. then can come k!