Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My mother.



Looking like a model! (Or so she says. XD)

I have a strange mother. The day my brother was born, she said: "Yer! Why like that one?! He looks like a monkey!" Because my brother was long, dark and thin. And she likes telling me now that when EYE was born, I looked like a pig. Because I had thunder thighs LIKE NORMAL BABIES DO, she said they looked like pig legs. =.= See what I get at home!

This woman is the one who ruled over the first 12 years of my life with an iron fist.

She is the reason I actually attempted to finish the ridiculous amount of homework they gave at Lick Hung (though I never succeeded, and in Standard 6 she was asked to meet four of my subject teachers) and also the reason I practised the piano when I could've been playing Gameboys and Playstations. She is the reason my brother and I never had a Playstation and only got to watch Cartoon Network for around two months. She made my dad cancel the subscription after that.

She is why I now eat almost anything put on my plate. When we were small, she would make us try every type of food she cooked. First came one piece of veg/meat. Don't like it? Don't WANT it? Okay, then here comes one whole huge scoop!

She is also why I once got so scared/desperate, ran to the storeroom, found her cane, and threw it out of the window. I used to do really stupid things lo like throw my food out of the back windows, hoping the cats there would eat it. And then when you do stupid things like these, of course get punished lo. I spent many many hours screaming and pleading in fright as she brandished the cane. Later I learned from my kor that I should have thrown the food away in school instead. XD

BUT!

Now that I'm 18 and legal and not so stupid anymore, I seriously don't know how she could've been such a tyrant. Now I see her being laughed at for being a 'rice bucket', because you can give her anything for dinner as long as RICE is included. Belanja her a Japanese meal at an incredibly expensive restaurant where people usually eat sashimi, and what does she order? GARLIC RICE!

Even I laugh at her sometimes because she's so gullible, she'd believe almost anything you tell her. My uncle exploits this weakness of hers with great enthusiasm. But really, I think if you told her Mother Teresa could breakdance, she'd believe you.

And it's really embarrassing sometimes when we go to places like Genting and all I want to play are the bumper cars, while SHE goes on the Corkscrew. We went to Movieworld at the Gold Coast last last year, and she went on the SUPERMAN...



... while my dad and I waited outside for her. It's so scary you know! Just looking at how the track twists here and there and up and down and in and out made my legs weak.

Oh and now she's also my teman for talking about really random stuff I'm stuck at home. Today we saw a weird palm tree which had its fruits growing at the base. I commented that it's growing old edi. She looked at me, blinked awhile, then started whacking me over the head. RM5 to the person who guesses correctly what I meant! =D

Today we celebrated her birthday!



And we gave her this.



So she now has the beautiful-est and expensiv-est and slimmest phone in the house.

And here she is, checking out her new toy.





She's so pretty ler... A few people commented before that we look like sisters! And my aunt said she has a smaller butt. Plus she's taller and slimmer than me! Oh the horror. Haih never mind lah, I let her win. =P

And my brother actually smiles now! Leng chai ler... Will give his number out at the right price. XD

Hmm okay enough crapping edi,

Happy Birthday Ma!

=)

No comments: