Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me Again?!

Ok. I got things to talk about!

1. Not very recently I got a bit home- and friend-sick, and so I took this picture and used it as my phone wallpaper! I really like this photo lor Nick, it's like "Wah, happy times!"

(Maybe plus "Wah, not-so-fat times!" also lah.)



2. Last week, I learned how to sit like the meditation gurus! Like so. (View below picture)


See how twisted my feet look? Kids, please don't try this at home! And forgive the horrible pout of my lips... Doing a pose like this required very intense concentration!

3. On the 16th of February we celebrated Fasnacht here in Germany... Weeks before that we started buying cookies/biscuits which look like this from the supermarkets. They're so delicious I tell you! Like very light japanese cookies you can get from Baker's Cottage but a lot a lot lighter lah.


Hao Zi says her school teacher says that this biscuit is made from only oil and flour with the following recipe:

==> Boil oil, pour in flour.
==> Flour puffs up.
==> Tada! Fasnachtschuechli.

So disgusting right! But it's actually very yummy. Got icing sugar all over it!

We actually went to watch the 2-hour long parade in the city centre and Hao Zi's mom took so many photos the battery died but when they got home the photos had somehow disappeared (creepy!) so I don't have first hand shots. What I do have are these:




Taken from Google. Yes, they really dress up like this and parade all around the city while throwing sweets for the people. For some reason most of their costumes have funny scales/feathers on them... Couldn't find the reason for this on Wiki.

4. This was taken the day Sylvia and Hao Zi went to Belgium for a competition. I met them for breakfast at McD's at the train station before they left.

Tada! Breakfast for four. The girl at the counter was like O.o "Whoa!" when I went to order.

5. The people here in Freiburg quite frequently gather for demonstrations like these:

Which is really quite annoying because they interrupt all the public transport to the city centre and create so much noise. But! There are always these handsome people:

To maintain order! They are so so so handsome lah. All of them! Maybe it's their uniform or maybe it's just the aura. A bit like Pn Teo's aura lor.

6. One day when I had an exam in uni, the public transport people decided to go on strike for one whole day. Consequently, I had to walk one and a half hours to uni... And then another one and a half back! Annoying lah these people always on strike for one thing or another.

***

Ok exhausted my random topics edi.

My mom is arriving in Freiburg next Tuesday! And dad is arriving on the 3rd of April! Then they'll both stay till my birthday and then only leave after that. Wuahaha I'm such a princess. We get to go sightseeing all over Europe also! Got to plan our itinerary now.

Woohoo life is good. =)

2 comments:

Nickolai A. F. said...

lol! notice how u said pn teo's aura was 'so so so handsome!' xD

hazelnut said...

O.o
oh no! ahh i didn't mean that! hahahahaha aiya but lazy to change =P